Kudrat Wadhwa ’19, Chair
The Campus Life Committee works to enhance the lives of students by focusing on dining, residential life, and safety on campus. This committee works closely with Dining Services, the Office of Residential Life, and the Department of Public Safety to ensure that students’ voices are represented as new initiatives are put into effect and when students feel that improvements need to be made. The purpose of this committee is to make sure students are comfortable on campus so that they may focus on their undergraduate career.
The Campus Life Committee meets on Thursdays from 8:00 to 9:00 PM in J. Walter Wilson 303.
Some of the projects Campus Life has worked on this past year include the following:
- Working with Dining Services to better help them collect student feedback on current operations and planned future
- Re-evaluating meal plan system and collecting input from students
- Working with the Residential Council to push for the opportunity for more students to live off campus and reduce or eliminate the suite fee
- Documenting broken sidewalks on campus to ensure student safety
- Pairing all printers on campus with staplers
- Improving student access to late night workspaces in the Watson Center for Information Technology (CIT) Building
- Working to reduce the trash overflow in Andrews Commons